- 3 mashed bananas (ripe)
- 1/3 cup apple sauce
- 2 cups uncooked quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 tbsp Splenda, sugar or other sweetener.
- 1/2 cup raisins (or any other dried fruit you want to add)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon and
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl really well.
- Let this mixture stand for at least 5 minutes to let the oats become good and hydrated.
- Heap the dough by teaspoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes and let cool.
Variations: If you add some chopped nuts, you have a grab and go breakfast that includes protein as well as fruits and grains. Dried cranberries are also a great addition if you don't care for raisins, which some people don't. Cardamom fans may want to substitute that spice for the cinnamon.
Published: Sunday, August 5th, 2012 by Kelly