Spicy Curry Beef Stew
Submitted by: Aaron
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb beef stew meat
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 fresh jalapeno, diced
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 onion, sliced and quartered
- 1 cup beef broth
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, and brown the beef on all sides.
- Remove beef from skillet, reserving juices, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir the garlic, bell peppers, and jalapeno in the skillet for 2 minutes, until tender, and season with ginger and curry powder.
- Mix in diced tomatoes.
- Place the onion in the bottom of a slow cooker, and layer with the browned beef. 6. Scoop the skillet mixture into the slow cooker, and mix in the beef broth.
- Cover, and cook 6 to 8 hours on low.
Published: Thursday, December 29th, 2011 by Kelly