Simple Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 (2-3 lb) butternut squash, peeled and seeded
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut squash into 1-inch chunks.
- In large pot melt butter. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 8 minutes.
- Add squash and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until squash is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, blend until soup is smooth.
- Season with nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
Published: Thursday, November 22nd, 2012 by Kelly