Mexican Tortilla Casserole
(Optional: add 3 cooked chicken breast, cut into small pieces)
- 8 10" flour tortillas cut into strips (1/2" by 2")
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cans diced green chilies
- 1 egg
- Combine all ingredients except tortillas and cheese.
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Scatter half the tortilla strips in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Pour in half of the liquid mixture.
- Scatter the remaining half of the tortilla strips.
- Pour on remaining half of the liquid mixture.
- Cover, cook on low 4-5 hours or on high 3-4 hours.
- Add cheese to top of casserole 30 minutes before cooking is finished.
Published: Wednesday, July 13th, 2011 by Kelly