These were always a special treat in my house growing up! I was always amazed that my mom could make homemade doughnuts but never realized how easy her secret really was!
- refrigerated biscuit dough
- vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Cut the center from the biscuits using something round (My mom always used a turkey baster with the bulb removed). This will give you dough for both doughnuts and doughnut holes.
- Heat oil.
- Mix together cinnamon and sugar in a shallow bowl.
- Fry dough rings and holes until golden brown. Turn half way through.
- Carefully remove from hot oil using a slotted spoon.
- Allow doughnuts to cool on brown paper or paper towels to remove some of the excess oil.
- When cooled, roll doughnuts in cinnamon sugar mixture.
Published: Friday, February 24th, 2012 by Kelly