Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage
Submitted by: Mom
This is a St. Patrick's Day tradition in my family. We always use the left over corned beef for Reuben sandwiches.
- 1 corned beef brisket (about 3 lbs.)
- 8 small red skinned potatoes, quartered
- 8 whole black peppercorns
- 1 bag baby carrots
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 1 head cabbage, cored and cut into 8 wedges
- Add corned beef to slow cooker, including juices in the package.
- Scatter on the potatoes, cabbage, carrots, onions, peppercorns, and bay leaves.
- Add water to cover.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Slice meat and serve with vegetables.
Published: Sunday, February 19th, 2012 by Kelly