A delicious summer treat! Pairs well with a citrus shrimp salad.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice, divided
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup dried apricots
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Soak quinoa and drain.
- Combine quinoa, 1 cup orange juice and water in saucepan. Bring to boil.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand covered for 5 minutes.
- While quinoa is simmering combine cranberries, apricots, red wine vinegar and remaining orange juice in small saucepan. Bring to boil.
- Once boiling, remove from heat and let stand 15 minutes. Drain remaining liquid and add to quinoa when ready.
- Add remaining ingredients.
Published: Wednesday, September 7th, 2011 by Kelly