Cabbage Casserole in a Pumpkin
I love cabbage rolls and I love fall treats like pumpkin. This is a perfect combination of the two!
- 1 medium pumpkin
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 large can tomato soup
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 cup uncooked white rice, or partially cooked brown rice
- 3 cups cabbage, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut of a wide top to the pumpkin, discard seeds.
- Place hamburger in a large, deep skillet. Crumble and cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain fat, add onion and garlic; saute slightly
- Add together beef, seasonings, soup, milk, tomatoes, and rice.
- Inside pumpkin, layer one layer of beef mixture and one layer of cabbage until pumpkin is full.
- Place lid back on the pumpkin, place on baking sheet and bake for 2 hours or until cabbage is soft.
Published: Wednesday, November 16th, 2011 by Kelly