White Bean and Spinach Soup
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups tomato broth
- 1 15 oz can small Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 8 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- Finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cups mushrooms, sliced
- Combine broth, beans, rice, onion, basil, salt, pepper, and garlic in a slow cooker.
- Cook on low-heat setting 5 to 7 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in spinach.
- Sprinkle with mushrooms and Parmesan cheese.
Published: Sunday, December 15th, 2013 by Kelly