Vegetarian Pot Stickers
To easily stuff dumplings place one small scoop of mixture into center of dumpling skin. Get your finger wet (It is easiest if you have a bowl of water next to you) and run your finger along the seal of the dumpling. Fold over and press together. Set onto plate so that the bottom creates a flat surface and dumpling will stand up on its own.
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp minced ginger
- 1 cup shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 cup white cabbage shredded
- 1 cup chives, chopped
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 package wonton skins
In large saute pan, a a little oil and saute onions and ginger.
Add mushrooms. Stir.
- Add cabbage, carrots and chives. Add white pepper or season to your taste.
- When mixture is soft place in colander to drain.
- Add sesame oil and cilantro to colander when mixture is cooled.
- Place mixture in dumpling skins.
- In a hot, nonstick pan, coat with oil and heat dumplings.
- When bottoms are brown add 1/2 cup water and cover.
- Cook until water is completely evaporated from pan and the bottom of the dumpling is crispy and sticks to the bottom of the pan.
Published: Wednesday, July 13th, 2011 by Kelly