Traditional Beef Stroganoff
Submitted by Mom
This is a wonderful dish especially when you are looking for warm comfort food. Make with your favorite noodles (I prefer egg noodles). For a vegetarian twist substitute 1 package sliced mushroom. Just saute the mushrooms with the onions until darker in color.
- 1 lb Beef boneless round cut 3/4" thick
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 small can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Slice beef thin across the grain.
- In skillet over high heat, in hot butter, cook beef and onion until pink is gone and onions are tender.
- Add soup and paprika. Stir. Heat through.
- Reduce heat to low. Add sour cream. Stir and remove from heat.
Published: Wednesday, June 8th, 2011 by Kelly