Taffy Apple Salad
Submitted by: Mary T.
- 1 Tbsp and 1 tsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 8 oz can crushed pineapple drained (save the juice)
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 8 oz. cool whip
- 4 cups granny smith apples, diced (leave on the peels)
- 1 cup salted spanish peanuts.
- Mix flour, sugar, and egg in small saucepan. Add pineapple juice and vinegar and stir over medium heat until it gets thick like lemon pudding (make sure it doesn't burn.)
- Let cook in fridge.
- Fold in Cool Whip and then add pineapple, apple and nuts.
- Chill and serve.
Garnish: You may want to sprinkle a few nuts on top as a garnish.
Published: Wednesday, August 10th, 2011 by Kelly