Surprise Package Cookies
Our Christmas celebration would not be the same without these scrumptious cookies! Of course they are great for a treat any day! Yield about 4 dozen
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
48 Andes mints, unwrapped
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Cream butter and sugars in large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to dry mixture
- Divide dough into 4 pieces and wrap in saran wrap
- Refrigerate at least 1 to 2 hours (If in a rush put in the freezer for 20-30 minutes)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Only remove 1 package from fridge at a time.
- Use 1 scant Tbsp of the dough, flatten in your hand and wrap around 1 mint. *If you would like to decorate with sprinkles place on top of the cookie before placing on cookie sheet.
- Place 2 inches apart on lightly buttered cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove immediatly from baking sheet and place on cooling rack.
Published: Thursday, August 11th, 2011 by Kelly