Sour Cream Blueberry Pancakes
Submitted by: Grandma Mc
These pancakes are a delicious creamy twist on the plain breakfast treat!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tsp orange zest
- In a large bowl combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl whisk together buttermilk, sour cream, egg, oil, and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour liquid mixture over dry mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Gently fold in blueberries and orange zest.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat.
- Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake.
- Brown on both sides and serve hot. Flip over when pancake batter begins to bubble.
Published: Wednesday, July 13th, 2011 by Kelly