Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- 1 2lb. beef chuck roast
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 pkg onion soup mix
- 1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1 large carrot, cut into thick slices
- Trim fat from meat.
- In a deep frying pan, brown meat on all sides in hot oil.
- Sprinkle meat with salt, pepper, and onion soup mix.
- Place onions and browned meat into a slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with allspice and add beef stock.
- Cover and cook on low for 8- 10 hours, or until meat is tender.
- Add carrots during last hour of cooking.
Published: Sunday, February 19th, 2012 by Kelly