Shrimp Wild Rice Casserole
- 1 (8 oz.) package wild rice
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups cheddar, shredded
- salt and pepper
- Cook the rice according to package directions minus 1/4 cup water. Drain and cool.
- Bring 2 cups water and 1/2 tablespoon salt to a boil in a medium saucepan and cook the shrimp for 1 minute. Drain immediately and set aside.
- Heat the butter in saucepan and saute the pepper and onion until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, soup, 1 1/2 cups of cheese, shrimp and vegetables. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Mix well.
- Spray an 11 by 7-inch glass casserole dish with vegetable spray. Place the mixture in the pan and top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes, until bubbly.
Published: Sunday, March 4th, 2012 by Kelly