Submitted by: Kristy
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup pumpkin
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp ginger
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- powdered sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 8 oz. pkg of cream cheese, softened
4 Tbsp butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
Powdered sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, mix together eggs, sugar, pumpkin, and lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
- Combine both and stir until well blended.
- Spray a large non-stick cookie sheet with cooking spray. Pour the batter evenly onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Sprinkle a clean kitchen towel heavily with powdered sugar.
- After baking, turn the cookie sheet onto the towel, the cake should slide out onto the towel.
- Roll up the cake into the towel. Let cool 30-40 minutes.
- Stir together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and butter. Mix well.
- After the roll has cooled, unroll it and spread evenly with filling.
- Roll back up without the towel. Wrap in foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour, or until filling is firm.
- For an added garnish, sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
Published: Sunday, December 11th, 2011 by Kelly