Mint Whoopie Pies
This is my Grandma's secret whoopie pie recipe that I changed a little bit for St. Patrick's day. They turned out great!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 stick margarine, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 heaping Tbsp marshmallow fluff
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 4 drops green food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Add egg, oil, vanilla, and milk.
- Beat until smooth.
- Drop by the tablespoonful onto greased cookie sheet allowing room for spreading.
- Bake for 10- 12 minutes.
- Remove from pan and let cool.
- Combine all filling ingredients in a bowl.
- Spread filling onto flat side of one cake and top with another cake creating a sandwich.
Published: Thursday, March 15th, 2012