Green Chile Chicken Chowder
Submitted by: Paula (This won a soup contest!)
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 8 oz. can of green chiles, chopped and peeled
- ~1 oz. of canned jalapenos, chopped and peeled
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 cups onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups of water
- 5 chicken bullion cubes
- 3 small red potatoes with skins, diced
- 1/3 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup whipping cream (not Cool Whip!)
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- instant mashed potatoes
- Tostitos Scoops
- Melt butter in pot. Add onions, garlic, oregano, and bay leaves.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add water, bullion cubes, potatoes, salt, cumin, pepper, chiles and jalapenos. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for about 25 minutes.
- Stir in cream, chicken, 1 cup of the cheese, and enough instant mashed potatoes for desired thickness.
- Ladle soup into bowls, sprinkle with remaining cheese, and serve with Tostitos.
Published: Sunday, March 4th, 2012