- 1 large eggplant, sliced
- 1 egg
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp parsley
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- olive oil
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- shredded mozzarella
- In small bowl combine egg and lemon juice. Blend together.
- In another small bowl combine bread crumbs and spices.
- Place each slice of eggplant in the egg mixture and then in the bread crumbs mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Cook eggplant slices until brown on each side.
- Place the cooked slices on a cookie sheet. Top each slice with sauce and cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Published: Sunday, November 6th, 2011