Chocolate Lactation Cookies
These cookies are great for breastfeeding moms to boost their milk production. The best part is they also taste delicious!
If you are looking for cookies that are lactose free, replace the butter with olive oil. They are just as delicious!
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup flaxseed (or flaxseed meal)
- 2 Tbsp Brewers yeast
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup natural cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp hot water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Grind oats and flaxseed in a food processor until flour like.
- Mix together butter and sugar until combined.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Add oats and flaxseed pciture, brewers yeast, cocoa powder and salt. Stir until dough like,
- Melt baking soda and warm water and add to dough mixture with vanilla.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate mixture for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Bake on a greased cookie sheet for 10 minutes or until cooked.
- Let cool on a wire rack. Enjoy!
Published: Tuesday, March 31st, 2015