Potato Cheese Soup
This is a perfect fall or winter soup. It can easily be made vegetarian just by substituting vegetable broth.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup onion. diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups potatoes, cubed
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- In a fry pan saute onions and celery in olive oil until tender.
- Boil potatoes until soft. Drain and return to pot.
- Add celery and onion mixture, broth, and milk. Bring to a simmer.
- Blend with an emersion blender until smooth
- Add cheese, salt, white pepper, and dry mustard. Stir until combined and cheese is melted.
Published: Sunday, August 7th, 2011 by Kelly