Nutella Carmel Kiss Cookies
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar for rolling
- 36 Carmel Hershey Kisses, unwrapped
- In a large mixing bowl, beat shortening and Nutella.
- Add the 1/2 c granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda and beat until combined.
- Beat in egg, milk, and vanilla.
- Beat in the flour.
- Scoop out rounded tablespoons and roll dough into 1-inch balls.
- Roll the balls in the granulated sugar and place 2 inches apart on a parchment lined, ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes, until edges are set.
- Remove from over and immediately press a kiss into the center of each cookie.
- Remove from pan and cool in a wire rack.
Makes approx. 3 doz cookies
Published: Monday, December 24th, 2012 by Kelly