Mexican Lasagna is a quick and easy entree for guests or just a hungry family. For an added twist serve with salsa, sour cream, guacamole and tortilla chips.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 lb. zucchini, diced
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 can diced tomatoes with chiles
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can mild enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 5 (8 in) flour tortilla shells
- 1 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and saute for 5 min.
- Add zucchini and cumin. Saute for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, beans, corn, and enchilada sauce. Remove from heat.
- Stir in cilantro.
- In 3 qt round greased baking sheet layer 1 tortilla. Top with 1 1/2 cups mixture. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese. Repeat 4 times.
- Cover with foil and bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Published: Monday, May 23rd, 2011 by Kelly