Maple Acorn Squash
- 1 large acorn squash
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cut both ends off the squash. Remove seeds and membrane. Cut crossways into 4 or 5 rings.
- Put water into the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish and put squash into pan. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake squash for 30 minutes or until tender
- Combine syrup, butter and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Uncover squash and pour off water. Brush squash with syrup mixture, letting excess pool in the center of squash rings.
- Return to oven and bake 10 minutes or until syrup mixture is bubbly.
Published: Wednesday, August 10th, 2011 by Kelly