Mango Glazed Salmon
Submitted by: Corin
I served this with an Asian inspired salad: mixed greens or spinach with shredded carrots, beansprouts, toasted almonds and sliced pear with a Sesame Soy Ginger Vinaigrette. Stir Fry veggies and rice is another good side.
478 calories per serving. Serves 2
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 3 inch cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 5 ounces mango nectar/juice
- 2 6 ounce salmon fillets
- Stir together first 5 ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil then simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes or until reduced by half.
- Pour mango mixture through a wire-mesh strainer; discard solids and add liquid back to saucepan.
- Place salmon on a greased broiler pan. Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat for 5 minutes.
- Brush fish with 1/2 mango mixture. Broil 3 more minutes or until fish flakes with a fork.
- Spoon remaining mango glaze evenly over fish.
Published: Saturday, May 21st, 2011 by Kelly