German Potato Salad
Submitted by: Uncle Paul and Aunt Cindy
This dish tastes great warm or chilled.
- 8 to 10 medium Idaho potatoes
- 6 to 8 hard boiled, peeled, and chopped
- 1 package bacon
- 2 stalks celery
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- Peel and slice potatoes. Boil for 15 minutes or until just tender. Drain and run under cold water.
- Cook bacon while potatoes are boiling, save drippings.
- Chop celery into large chunks and cook in bacon drippings until tender, about 7 minutes. Remove from drippings.
- Crumble bacon.
- Place all ingredients into large mixing bowl.
- Turn slowly with large spoon until well mixed.
Published: Thursday, August 11th, 2011 by Kelly