Submitted by: Nana
Did you know that in 2007, meatloaf was rated the seventh-favorite family dish? Did you know that it has origins all over Europe and originated as far back as the fifth century? Well if you've made it here, I can tell you're ready to make some tasty meatloaf for your family! Have a look below to get started with Nana's great recipe.
Makes 6 servings
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Combine 1st seven ingredients thoroughly.
- Form into a loaf in an 8x4 baking dish.
- Bake 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Cover top of meat loaf with the remaining 1/4 cup ketchup.
- Bake 15 minutes longer.
- Let meat loaf stand 5 minutes before slicing.
Published: Saturday, May 21st, 2011 by Kelly