Easy Mexican Rice
Submitted by: Kristy
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 cups white rice
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups water
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the rice, onion, peppers, and garlic.
- Cook until the rice is browned and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the water, tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, and salt and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the rice is tender, about 15 to 17 minutes.
Published: Thursday, December 29th, 2011 by Kelly