Chocolate Turtle Cake
Submitted by Nana
- 1 box German chocolate cake mix
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 bag Kraft caramels
- 1 16 oz. bag of chocolate chips
- 3/4 cups English walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix cake mix as it says on the box
- Place 1/2 of the cake batter in bottom of 9x13 in. cake pan
- Bake for 15 minutes
- In small sauce pan melt butter, cream and caramels.
- Pour the mixture over cooked cake while hot.
- Top with chocolate and walnuts.
- Pour the rest of the cake batter over the top of mixture.
- Bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees or until sides of cake pull way from the pan.
Published: Saturday, May 21st, 2011 by Kelly