- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1 lb dark chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups toasted skinned whole hazelnuts
- Place apricots between paper towels and press to remove moisture.
- Line rimmed baking sheet with wax paper.
- Heat 2/3 lb chocolate into a boiler at no warmer than 105 - 110 degrees.
- Remove chocolate double boiler from heat.
- Stir remaining 1/3 chocolate into melted chocolate.
- Stir until chocolate cools to 88 -90 degrees F.
- Spread melted chocolate in 1/4 inch layer on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with hazelnuts and apricots.
- Cool until firm and shiny. Break into pieces.
Published: Sunday, February 27th, 2011 by Kelly