Chicken Pot Pie
Submitted by: Caitlin
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed
- 2 cups frozen veggie mix
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup potatoes, boiled and chopped
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 (9 inch)unbaked pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- In a saucepan, combine chicken and veggies. Add water to cover and boil for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, drain and set aside.
- In the saucepan over medium heat, cook onions in butter until soft and translucent.
- Stir in flour, salt, pepper, and celery seed. Slowly stir in chicken broth and milk.
- Simmer over medium-low heat until thick. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Spray the inside of a casserole dish with cooking spray and line with 1 pie crust.
- Place the chicken mixture in bottom pie crust. Pour hot liquid mixture over.
- Cover with top crust, seal edges, and cut away excess dough. Make several small slits in the top to allow steam to escape.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
- Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Published: Tuesday, August 9th, 2011 by Kelly