Swiss Cheese Bread
Submitted by: Mom
Swiss cheese bread is delicious warm with salads or as a side dish for almost any meal. With the top cut off of the french bread it gives the loaf a chance to get gold brown but still leaving the deliciously crunchy bottom. I also enjoy this bread cold the next day, if there is ever any left ;)
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/2 tsp dried mustard
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 pkg sliced Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 400
- Slice off the top crust of the loaf and then slice into pieces without slicing all of the way through.
- Mix together butter, mustard, onions and poppy seeds in a small bowl.
- Spread butter mixture between each slice. If any remains spread over top.
- Place a small piece of Swiss cheese in between each slice.
- Place in tinfoil boat (leave top open) on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 until brown
Published: Monday, May 23rd, 2011 by Kelly