Caramel Chocolate Cheesecake Bites
- 3/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 36 pecan halves
- 3 Tbsp caramel topping
- Preheat oven to 350
- In well coated mini muffin tines, generously coat each with wheat germ.
- In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add cocoa and mix well.
- Beat in egg whites and vanilla until just combined.
- Spoon 4 teaspoons into each muffin cup.
- Bake for 13-16 minutes or until set.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes and then place on wire racks.
- Cool for 30 minutes and refrigerate.
- When ready to serve top each with a pecan half.
- Microwave caramel topping on high for 10 seconds or until soft. Spoon 1/4 teaspoon over each.
Published: Friday, August 12th, 2011 by Kelly