Submitted by: Grandma
- 1 1/2 lbs. lean stew beef
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- salt and pepper
- 3 sprigs parsley
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Melt butter in a heavy pan.
- Saute carrots, onions and beef until vegetables are tender and meat is browned.
- Remove meat and vegetable and set aside.
- Add flour to the pan. Add wine, stock, salt, pepper, and spices. Stir until the sauce is smooth.
- Return meat and vegetables to the pan.
- Cover and simmer for three hours.
(Mixture can also be transferred to a slow cooker and cooked on low for three hours.)
Published: Sunday, February 19th, 2012 by Kelly