This is a delicious twist on a regular salad. To change it up a bit I sometimes add mandarin oranges, sesame sticks or chow mien noodles. To serve this as dinner, I add chicken.
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shredded
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 3 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup shelled peanuts
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Mix all salad ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Mix all dressing ingredients together in small bowl and stir well.
- Toss with dressing just before serving.
Published: Saturday, July 9th, 2011 by Kelly