These are a delicious low-fat fall treat! They are a perfect snack or even a fancy appetizer. If serving as an appetizer I usually serve with a jam dipping sauce. Preparation for these is small but they do take quite a while in the oven. I usually just make them the night before.
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 200
- Mix together sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Core and slice the apple. (I use a mandolin to slice the apples. If you don't have one just slice them as thin as you can)
- Place apples on cookie sheet. Sprinkle with half of the sugar mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour and flip apples. Sprinkle other side with the rest of sugar mixture.
- Bake for about 45 more minutes.
Published: Thursday, September 15th, 2011 by Kelly