Peanut Butter, Banana, and Chocolate Chip Muffins with Flax
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp milled flax seed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat mini muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine flour, sugar and peanut butter in large bowl with a fork until even crumbs form.
- Add flax seed, baking powder and salt to flour mixture.
- Stir in milk, bananas and egg until evenly moistened.
- Stir in mini chocolate chips.
- Fill mini muffin cups about 3/4 full.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool a few minutes before removing from pan and finish cooling on a wire rack.
*Makes 36 mini muffins
Published: Monday, January 28th, 2013 by Kelly