Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Submitted by: Aunt Ruth
Makes approximately 5 dozen
- 3 cups of oats (not quick)
- 1 cup of unsalted butter softened
- 1-1/2 cups light brown sugar-packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 10 oz. bag of mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 300 or 325 degrees
- Line the cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Put 2 cups of the oats (leaving 1 cup for later) in the food processor till finely ground (flour like).
- With the electric mixer, cream the softened butter until smooth. Mix in brown sugar and ground oats. Add eggs and vanilla till blended.
- In another small bowl, combine 1 cup whole oats, baking soda, and salt. Add this to the batter and mix till blended well. Add the chocolate chips and combine.
- Drop by tablespoon onto cookie sheet leaving 2-3 inches between each. (approx. 9 per sheet)
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until well browned. Watch carefully. Cool somewhat before removing from cookie sheet.
- Store in an airtight container.
Published: Sunday, March 4th, 2012 by Kelly